NEW! Public Health Clinic now open at new location at 650 Newtown Pike
The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department’s Public Health Clinic is now located on the first floor of 650 Newtown Pike.
The clinic is not a primary medical clinic but instead provides services such as STD/HIV testing and counseling, TB skin tests, WIC services, rabies post-exposure testing, family planning and immunizations for children who qualify. Services are provided by appointments, which can be made by calling (859) 288-2483.
To read the full news release about the upcoming relocation, click here.
NEW! Proper hand-washing can help fight rising spread of gastrointestinal illness
An increase in gastrointestinal illnesses has the Lexington-Fayette County Health Department encouraging parents, schools, daycare centers, food service workers and healthcare providers to take precautionary actions to prevent its spread. Shigellosis is a highly contagious form of diarrhea caused by Shigella bacteria and is spread through person-to-person contact. Symptoms last 48-72 hours and include severe diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps. To prevent Shigellosis, the health department offers the following tips:
- Wash hands with soap carefully and frequently, especially after going to the bathroom, after changing diapers and before preparing food or beverages.
- Do not prepare food for others while ill with diarrhea.
- Sick children and adults should stay home until cleared by a doctor to return to school or work.
- Keep children with diarrhea out of childcare settings and common play areas.
- Supervise hand-washing of toddlers and small children after they use the toilet.
- Dispose of soiled diapers properly.
- Disinfect diaper-changing areas after using them.
- Avoid swallowing water from ponds, lakes or untreated pools.
NEW! HealthFirst Bluegrass moves medical services from 650 Newtown Pike to two new sites!
Bluegrass has moved its medical clinic out of 650 Newtown Pike and into two new sites: 1640 #1 Bryan Station Road and 1736 Alexandria Drive. Appointments at both sites can be made by calling 859-288-2425. HealthFirs
t Bluegrass will continue providing dental services at 650 Newtown Pike. Fore more information on HealthFirst
Bluegrass and the relocation, please click here
. We wish HealthFirst
Bluegrass and its dedicated staff the best as they transition to these new sites and continue providing high-quality medical care to Lexington!